Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bartender Response to Bar 29

Therapist says she likes liking things. Based on her last few postings, I think she only likes things that are stupid because Bar 29 is a big WIN!

The day leading up to our Happy Hour at Bar 29 was spent trying not to vomit, as I was dealing with the hangover of the year. All I was in the mood for was to go home and nap before I had to start my second job at 8:00. I didn't want to like anything. I was in a bad mood from the get-go, but I was convinced by Therapist that a couple beers would fix things. It was the only thing she was right about for the rest of the evening.

Now, I was hungry, as I always am when I'm hungover, and fortunately, there was a limited menu of bar food. BAR 29 does not say BAR AND RESTAURANT 29, so I wasn't expecting a gourmet meal, like Ms. MeSoFancyQueenOfWings Therapist. Don't even get me started about the plug for some random bar in Buffalo that know one has ever heard about. I don't think anyone going into that bar expects food at all, so having something to munch on while enjoying a couple PBR's is appreciated. They advertised chicken wings. They did not advertise "Best In New York Bufffalo Wings!". They were like wings you would get on a Chinese restaurant, but when you're drunk and/or hungover, who cares?!

As Therapist said, they do offer Rock Paper Scissors (I believe from 8 - 10) on Mondays. You win, your drink is free. I think that's awesome. They also had Saved By The Bell Trivia coming up, they have flat screen TV's to watch sports, and they have a pool table. Win, win, win.

The service was great. As Therapist said, the tab was less than it should be. Excellent job, Isaac the bartender. Was it due to my flirting? Maybe. But hey, after being on his side of the bar and showering my fake affection to random strangers for a few extra bucks, it was nice being on the other side. Bartenders need pretend love too, you know. Regardless of why the tab was discounted, the bartender was super friendly, patient, and put me in a good mood. What else does a bar need?

I give Bar 29 a WIN, and Therapist knows she should too. And as far as the name? Hey, at least I'll always remember the address of where to go back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment